Must-Have Hair Products

 HAPPY OCTOBER!!!!!

It feels like 2020 is both flying by and crawling at the same time. 

So, I have been brain storming my next blog posts and have some exciting topics coming up.

For this one I want to share with you my FAVORITE hair products that I use as a bridal stylist. 

Some of these products I have been using on myself since high school.... 

In My Bridal Tool Box

I personally do not like to start with a clean canvas, I want your hair to be at least a day dirty when I style it. (will I style clean hair: of course!) But I find that dirty hair is easier to work with because it has better hold and grip, therefore it will increase the longevity of your style. 



Batiste Dry Shampoo:

OH MAN. This is the holy grail of hair products for me. I use this dry shampoo on all my clients. This product is refreshing and texturizing and easy to brush through the hair. It comes in a variety of scents and tints but always absorbs oil. 

Batiste retails from $8.99-17.99 depending on the size. I used to be able to find discounted cans at TJMaxx and Marshalls but I haven't had much luck lately. 

If a client has dry ends, I also like to use Batiste Dry Conditioner as well.

Another great thing about this product is that it's Vegan and Sulphate-Free!


Tropical is my fav scent!

Kenra Professional: Color Maintenance Thermal Spray, and Dry Volume Burst

I would recommend anything Kenra. I have been using their heat protectant products since middle school when I was straightening my naturally straight hair EVERY day (😖) S/O to thermal spray. 

So, obviously I am going to be using heat to style hair but I take steps to find products to protect your hair. 
Kenra Color Maintenance Thermal Spray protects your color and texture by shielding it from up to 450 degrees. This spray also offers medium hold to your curls!

I have recently discovered Kenra Dry Volume Burst. This product is like a texturizing spray and rootlift all in one with a dryer feel compared to normal hairspray. I spray it around the crown of the hair before using a teasing comb. This combo creates all day, non-frizzy volume. 

The scent of both of these are amazing.



Big Sexy Hair: Spray and Play Harder firm hold volumizing hairspray and Powder Play 

FINALLY: a firm hold hair spray that doesn't feel like glue and doesn't get cakey. This is also a flexible hairspray that allows you to still easily brush through your hair after spraying. I know a lot of people that HATE hairspray and don't even own a can. Well, you need this. 

This is my go-to hair spray. This is another product that you can sometimes find discounted at TJMaxx and Marshalls. 

The second Big Sexy product is Powder Play. This little bottle will go a long way. 

This product comes out as a fine powder (literally it looks like baby powder) but when it hits the scalp it transforms into a liquid substance. It sticks to the roots and creates volume and texture just by massaging it into the hair. 



I am always adding and ditching different products to my styling tool box. These are my current must-haves for weddings and for every day styling! Let me know which ones you try and what you think!




Comments

Popular Posts