Best of 2020

 Hey y'all, running behind on the December blog. But let's take a dive into some of my favorite moments of 2020: hairstyles, venues, ALL. THE. THINGS.

2020 has been a weird year and I've elaborated on my personal experiences a couple times. But for recap purposes, here's a brief review:

-Quit my awful job in higher education

-February: started a new exciting job as a Creative Director at a historic performing arts/music venue

-3 weeks later COVID hits hard

-April: laid off

-depression, anxiety, overall not sure what to do next

-July: Style my first wedding after a long hiatus

-weddings weddings weddings

-DEC 2020 putting my heart and soul into Haley Catherine Designs. LETS GO:

1: THE WEDDING THAT GAVE ME BACK MY CONFIDENCE

FIRST WEDDING OF 2020:


The Miller Wedding at Chateu Selah: Photos by Taylor Meo Photography. I hadn't had a wedding in like 2 years maybe, when Victoria called me to style her and the bridal party 3 days before her date (covid probs) . This experience reminded me why I LOVE DOING HAIR. 

2: A MOMENT THAT I STEPPED OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE:


The Romero Wedding at the Cove on Cherokee Lake, Photos by Simply Stated. This was a wedding of a lot of "firsts". 

This was my first wedding that I had booked via The Knot. This was also the first time I had styled a bride from outside my immediate area. Tori and her family are from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! So, I met everyone the day of the wedding, and it was GREAT! 

3. A WEDDING THAT JUST REALLY STANDS OUT

The Seaberg Wedding at The Side Porch venue in Gray, Photos by Sam Bond Photography. 
Lauren and Gerald had a true covid wedding experience. The officially got married in intimate ceremony at a local flower shop called, Charlotte's Florals (who also crafted this bouquet). Then later, had a family only ceremony at the BEAUTIFUL Side Porch. 

This wedding stands out because Lauren is just an amazing person to be around, and she also has amazing style and experience working in the wedding world herself. She left her style completely up to me and I loved being able to get creative. This was also when I met Mindy Correll, with Beauty by MC. She is a talented and experienced Makeup Artists, and we became instant friends. I literally LOVE working with her, the amazing team at the Side Porch, and Sam Bond Photography. This was a dream team for a dream day. 

4. MOST UNIQUE STYLE 




Leah Marie Couture Styled Shoot at Cherokee Creek Farm, photos by Danielle Defayette Photography. Makeup by Beauty by MC. Floral by Blossom and Bloom. 

POWER PONY, SIS. What else could I pair with such an incredible gown? Sleeve goals, hair goals, and what is not pictured is BRIDAL SUITE goals! Seriously, this venue delivers with the space and historic charm mixed with modern style and amenities. 

5.  PROUD ACHIEVEMENTS

I think my biggest achievement has been resurrecting my hair styling from the ashes. But I owe that to my brides who give me so much confidence and joy and inspire me to keep growing and getting better!


I also had the honor of being the hairstylist for the cover shoot for the Simple Elegance Bridal Show magazine. photos by Alissa Jean Photography. 

Photo credit:
Organizer: 
Simple Elegance Bridal Show

Venue: 
Meadowbrook Farm

Gown and Tux: 
Trinkets & Treasures Formal Wear
  
Decor, table settings & setup: 
Wide Open Grace Designs LLC

Flowers: Flowers ByWilma
Cake: 
Lulus Sweet Spot
 
Makeup: 
Foundations Esthetics and Makeup

Hair: 
Haley Catherine Designs
 
Models: Destiny Yoemans and Randy Kile


I also was a winner of The Knot's 2021 Best of Weddings based on all the sweet reviews left by my brides. 

FINALLY: MY LAST STYLE OF 2020


Kelsey and Clayton and newly engaged and just took some gorgeous snowy engagement pics with Sam Bond Photography. Kelsey gave me full creative freedom and I am in love with this romantic loose pony tail. 

I am so excited for 2021 and all the new amazing moments it will bring. 

My goals are just to always be creative, know my worth, travel more, grow my professional network, cultivate meaningful relationships, and empower others by helping them look and feel their best!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

-HC Designs 

Comments

Popular Posts