Styled Bridal Shoot at Cherokee Creek Farm: Jonesborough, TN

 Long time, no see. Oops. 

Let me catch y'all up real fast: I have chosen to incorporate my bridal hair styling business into Haley Catherine Designs. After all, both skills are creative outlets for me! 

So, that means I will be sharing Bridal Blogs, starting with this one!

Leah Marie Couture at Cherokee Creek Farm styled shoot:

Recently I did hair for a styled bridal shoot organized by the incredible Danielle Defayette Photography

The focal point for the shoot was the designs of Leah Marie Couture. These two dresses were feminine, unique, and complete show stoppers. 



Venue Spotlight: The Ultimate Bridal Suite

But my favorite part of the shoot was the venue. From a hair stylist's perspective, Cherokee Creek Farm was an absolute DREAM to work at. Let me elaborate:

Cherokee Creek Farm was originally built in the 1800s. I did not expect a historic home to be in such incredible shape and to have such an AMAZING space dedicated to the bridal party. 

This is what means a lot to me as a hair stylist. I encourage brides to look for this space when choosing a venue. 


Here are some things I LOVED about the bridal suite at Cherokee Creek that every bride should look for when choosing a venue:

- large open space to fit you and your girls and then some
- plenty of seating to get ready and relax
- plenty of mirrors!!!! 
- lots of outlets for steamers, curling irons, phone chargers, etc. 
- a close bathroom (either in the room or near by) 
- good lighting

Here are some honorable mentions from the farm (things that I thought enhanced the venue even more)

- Plenty of sleeping options for the bridal party if they want to stay the night with the bride the night before the wedding. 
- A separate couples suite for the night of (the suite at this venue included a beautiful antique soaking tub, fireplace, crystal chandelier, and giant bed)

Now you don't have to have any of the perks I mentioned. However, a thoughtfully designed bridal suite can make a huge difference on your big day! Ask yourself these questions when picking your venue:

1. Where do I want to get ready? 
- if the answer is "at my venue", then ask yourself the following:

 2. How much room do I need? 
 3. How many people will need to fit into this space at once? (add extra for your glam squad and photographer(s)) 
 4. Will I be eating a meal here? (breakfast or lunch or both) then you should ask about a fridge. Sometimes bridal suites have mini fridges in the rooms for beverages. 
 5. Can the bridal party keep their belongings in the suite? What time does the suite need to be emptied. 

In my experience, functional spaces like Cherokee Creek make your wedding day run smoother and therefore give you more time to relax and enjoy your day!




This shoot was such a joy to participate in! I was lucky to work with some incredible boss babes that really made my job both easy and inspiring! 
 
I chose the updos to complement the whimsical and unique designs of the gowns. 

So thankful that Danielle asked me to join! 

Vendors and their socials:

Photography: Danielle Defayette Photography @ddefayettephoto
Dresses: Leah Marie Couture @LeahMariaCouture
Venue: Cherokee Creek Farm @cherokeecreekfarmtn
Florals: Blossom and Bloom Design @blossom_and_bloom_design
Makeup: Beauty by MC @beautyby_mc_
Hair: Me @hc.designco
Shoes: Bella Belle Shoes @bellabelleshoes
Veil: @etoilefinejewlery
Model #1: @_hannah.alyse_
Model #2: @laurelizcarlson 
 
Some more pictures just because :)




Comments

Popular Posts